Poupée Fan Site
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

Hello and Lolita Discussion

+4
Azur
Himawari
miss_astral
Eri-Chan
8 participantes

Página 2 de 2 Anterior  1, 2

Ir para baixo

Hello and Lolita Discussion - Página 2 Empty Re: Hello and Lolita Discussion

Mensagem por RIVERdiva Sáb Abr 04, 2015 4:21 pm

Eri-Chan escreveu:
RIVERdiva escreveu:
Eri-Chan escreveu:
RIVERdiva escreveu:I love Lolita style, but don't really have the figure for it. A friend made me a lolita-style dress a few years back, but it was when she was first taking commissions and she did it wrong. (no way are my boobs THAT big LOL) I haven't had the time or money or connections to find someone to fix it for me so I can wear it now, and I've lost a lot of weight (tho still not enough to fit into anything I like *sob*) so it doesn't fit anymore anyway. I like the more Gothic style and have some non-brand stuff that would pass for it, but no chance/opportunity to wear it. People tend to look at you weird when you're my age and dressing up like that. *sighs* (even more so when you have 2 kids, one of them a baby...)

I did once buy some lolita baby clothes way back when, but when it turned out I had a boy (LOL) I gave them away. Now I'm kicking myself cuz my baby daughter LOVES dressing up and I can't find anything like that anymore. I did find a few petticoat dresses, but they were very expensive, even for baby clothes, so she only has 2.

It's hard work finding Lolita clothes when you have a western figure, and that's why I'm learning to sew right now. Such a shame that indie and brand Lolita clothes only cater to one size... Rolling Eyes Hopefully you'll find a way to get a fitting dress soon!
Some people look strangely at me when I wear Lolita (even in a toned-down, casual way), and I'm 16. I usually just ignore them as I'm very good at staring past people like they don't exist, haha. I think you can be any age to enjoy Lolita fashion and you shouldn't care what others think! It's really cute that you dress your child that way; in one of the Gothic Lolita Bibles (I can't remember which one, sorry) I saw some Japanese mothers in Lolita style, and their children in similar clothes. Smile

I have one of the GL Bibles and it has some patterns and stuff in it, royalty free (wow). I just wish I could sew, but tho I have a sewing machine, I am terrified of it LOL I don't really know how to use it, so am hoping someone around here will show me how to sew once we get properly settled in our new house. I would love to make my own clothes in general, but would really love to make some Lolita clothes for Fifi (baby). She got a little duffle coat from her grandparents today for Easter (my son was complaining cuz he got a suit *laughs*) and it looks so cute. I got a photo of her in it to send back to them. The GL Bible I have did have an article on Loli mums and tots and it made me want to get some outfits but at the time, I had no idea Fifi would be coming along. (she was a welcome surprise hehehe) I'm just glad she likes dressing up. She's only 18 months but picks out her own clothes, and even has a very good eye for style. Very Happy A potential Loli in the making. hehehe

There are some tutorials online, although perhaps not so useful for learning the basics with sewing machines. I always look on sewloli on Livejournal for inspiration when I'm feeling the need. Sewing machines are scary at first (I know first hand, haha), but once you're used to them, they work wonders.
It would be so sweet if your daughter grew up to be a Lolita girl! When I have children (if I do), I'd definitely dress them in Classic and Sweet Lolita; twin daughters would be great! Very Happy

Yeah, I have a few bookmarked, and keep some on my phone for reference, but it's the basics I need to start with. My mother-in-law bought it for me, but it's way too fast and I keep panicking that it'll try and eat my fingers or something. *lame* I did manage to make a little bag for a friend, but... *bangs head on wall* I sewed the strap on the INSIDE instead of outside, so I need to redo it. Lucky I bought lots of that particular fabric (red dragon print) or I'd have been SOL. I made a bag out of a worn-out pair of jeans, but no idea how to make straps for it, so it's just sitting in my sewing box doing nothing. *sadface*

I would be happy if she did. I certainly hope to be an influence in that direction hehehe Hubby likes lolita (and gothic) style too, tho again, he doesn't have the figure for it, and is too worried what ppl would think. *sighs* I keep trying to tell him it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, and since there are guys at his office who wear makeup (I have seen them!) and have piercings, it's not an issue, but... *sighs* someday... (especially when he's the boss, really, he can wear whatever he wants. He's always on at me cuz I have many piercings (too many for some ppl *annoyed face*) about how he wished he could do it, so I encourage him, but he's not quite there yet, I think.)

RIVERdiva
RIVERdiva
Poupées
Poupées

Ir para o topo Ir para baixo

Página 2 de 2 Anterior  1, 2

Ir para o topo