Poupée Fan Site
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

Mancocoberry lip balm (make it yourself/DIY)

Ir para baixo

Mancocoberry lip balm (make it yourself/DIY) Empty Mancocoberry lip balm (make it yourself/DIY)

Mensagem por RIVERdiva Seg maio 04, 2015 5:26 am

This is a recipe I made for what I call Mancocoberry lip balm. It has mango butter, coconut oil, and raspberry flavouring in it.

First, the basics:

Hygiene: Make sure all your utensils (pots, spoons, etc) are clean and disinfected with 70% isopropyl alcohol/30% water solution and air dried. This is to make sure your final product doesn't go mouldy or disgusting in the pot. If you don't have any isopropyl alcohol, you can boil them in water for 5 minutes and dry with a clean cloth. Make sure your work space is spotless clean, no little bits everywhere, or things to bump into or get in the way. It helps if you put a clean plastic cloth down to protect your table or counter top while you work. The most important part of this whole thing is to make sure everything is clean before you start.

Tools:

- small pot without handle and a bigger pot (or bain-marie/double boiler)
- metal whisk (don't use plastic because it tends to soak up the oils you use and it can affect your future products you make)
- measuring spoons and beakers/cups
- potholder (to take the smaller pot out of the bigger one, unless you have a separate handle for that)
- small pot with lid for your lip balm

Ingredients:

2.5ml beeswax pellets
2.5ml cocoa butter (pellets or solid)
2.5ml mango butter
6ml coconut oil
3.75ml raspberry flavouring
1.25ml vanilla flavouring
0.5ml red food colouring (powdered; if you only have or want to use liquid food colouring, only a few drops are necessary, no more than that.)
20 drops vitamin E

Boil water in the bigger pot. Combine the beeswax, cocoa butter, mango butter, and coconut oil in the small pot/pan, and put it in the bigger pot. Keep an eye on it until everything has melted completely, stirring occasionally. Once the butters, beeswax, and oil have melted, quickly add the flavourings and the red food colouring, using your whisk to stir each ingredient in before adding the next. Once the food colouring has completely dissolved (if using powdered), take the small pot out of the bigger one, and continue to whisk for a little while to help it cool down. Once it's cooled a little, add the vitamin E, stirring as you add.

Once you're satisfied it's all combined and it's cooled down a bit more, pour it into the little lip balm pot, and put it in the fridge until set. It helps if you have some small sticky labels, to label it with the date you made it. It will only last for 1 month before becoming spoiled, so use it up as much as you want, or divide it into even smaller pots and share with your friends and family.

Where to get ingredients: The food colouring and flavourings, you can get in the baking section of your local supermarket. I also got the coconut oil from the supermarket, the vitamin E capsules from the health food section (or you can get it from a health food shop or pharmacy), and the beeswax, mango and cocoa butters I got from a pharmacy that sells DIY cosmetics ingredients. You can also order everything online. If you have any questions, please ask. I'm always willing to help. Very Happy

(Is it possible for someone to translate this into Portuguese and Spanish for those users who don't speak English? Thanks in advance. <3 And thanks to Laura Bayma for her help.)

RIVERdiva
RIVERdiva
Poupées
Poupées

Ir para o topo Ir para baixo

Ir para o topo